Number of Days
1 day, 09:30-17:00. Your instructor is available during lunch and after 17:00 for informal discussions about your specific area of interest or applications.
Summary of course content
This training course focuses on CDA as the basis for the implementation of e-documents. This training will provide attendees with an understanding of CDA as well as some of its implementation aspects and best practices.
Who Should Attend
This training course is aimed at those that require an introduction to the CDA standard, designed for those who need to implement it or understand how CDA will impact their system integration strategy.
Goals of the training course
Upon completion of this training course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the core components of the HL7 version 3 and CDA standards.
- Find their way around the documentation.
- Explain why CDA is seen as an important foundation for healthcare interoperability.
- Apply CDA implementation best practices
Attendees should have some knowledge of data modelling and be familiar with processes in healthcare provider organizations. Although not a requirement, knowledge of XML and HL7 version 2 will be helpful in understanding the material.
- Foundational models for CDA R2
- Reference Information Model (RIM)
- Data Types, Data Type flavours
- Clinical Document Architecture – CDA R2
- Clinical Statements and Templates
- CDA Implementation guides
- CDA example project (e.g. ITK for training courses in the UK)
- CDA validation / implementation
- Best practices
- Software tools
- Future of CDA: CDA R3 on FHIR
Each participant will be provided with handouts containing all materials covered in the training as well as other support materials.
- René Spronk, CDA/ITK Trainer, Ringholm.
- René has been providing training all around Europe since 2001, and has first hand experience in implementing interfaces.
- Other tutors may be present should the number of trainees be larger than 20.
Terms and Conditions: Please read the Terms and Conditions.