Health Level Seven International (HL7) is the global authority on standards for interoperability of health information technology with members in over 55 countries.
What does HL7 do?
HL7 produces the world’s most widely used standards for healthcare interoperability. Most of the leading suppliers use and support the development of HL7 standards across six continents.
HL7 FHIR® is the current strategic technology for new interfaces from NHS Digital.
Influence the way in which UK-specific versions are developed. HL7 UK is now the main forum for discussion of interoperability between healthcare IT systems. Members include:
- Central and policy organisations such as NHS Digital and NHS Wales Informatics Service
- NHS Trusts and PCGs
- Royal Colleges
- Most of the largest suppliers of primary and secondary healthcare IT systems
- Middleware suppliers
- Consultants – from single-handers to huge multinationals.
There are four classes of membership, Organisation, Benefactor, Personal and Student – Check out the membership details.
All members have:
- Free access to HL7 standards documentation, including those originated in the UK and the US or by any other HL7 international affiliate.
- Access to the HL7 UK closed e-mail lists and password protected areas of the HL7 UK website and members-only access to the main HL7 website in the US.
- Reduced membership rates for attendance at any HL7 meetings which have a charge (including those outside the UK).
- Free attendance at all HL7 UK meetings (other than those which carry a surcharge).
If all or part of your business concerns healthcare IT system interoperability, you’re not properly informed unless you’re a member of HL7 UK. Have a look at the HL7 UK Member Testimonials.